Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Streak (1/22)

Thanks to a cheap soccer win and 'Nova hitting more from the perimeter than UCONN, I ran my streak back up to two. Awesome.

Unfortunately, Thursday's slate is gross. Nothing on the board is particularly appealing, unless you like soccer, golf or tennis.

Since I have no grasp on any of these, here are the matchups I like in the other sports.

My 7 p.m. pick: Ruoff (WVU) outscoring Freeman (Georgetown). Freeman has had trouble scoring against tougher competition, whereas Ruoff has been far more consistent. Seeing as the Hoyas also have an abundance of scoring in other areas, I like Ruoff in this matchup.

In fact, that right there is the only contest I like out of the 11 for tomorrow. To be fair, I didn't do a bunch of research on 3-point shooting in the WAC.

In the late games, if I had to pick something, which I do, I'll go with St. Mary's and San Diego scoring below 130 points. The defenses combine to allow roughly 122 points per game and USD hasn't been strong on offense this season. I'm concerned this game could go to OT and affect the outcome. My prediction: St. Mary's- 65, San Diego- 56. 121 points...perfect.

No comments: