Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Streak (2/18)

It isn't every day you see the variety of contests on the board that ESPN presents today. Want an NBA matchup? They have two. Want an NCB matchup? They have three. Want a points game head to head? Harangody vs. Butler. Want a margin game? UNC or Kansas? Over-under? Louisville-Providence? The list goes on...

Unfortunately, there are no great-looking games on the board. I made it to a W2 this morning when USKA Moscow (or something like that...I'm not familiar with my European futbol) defeated Aston Villa. I'm still picking at least one game, possibly two, but am not really confident with extending the streak. Follow my lead at your own peril.

I'm picking Louisville and Providence to score over 147 this evening. The Friars defense is porous, allowing about 75 points per game. I figure at home, the Cardinals could easily score 80 and possibly 90. Louisville has a good defense, but Providence can score in bunches themselves, averaging nearly 80 a game. Hopefully, it goes something along the lines of Louisville 84, Providence 68. That would work nicely.

(Aside: I actually like UNC to defeat NC St. by more than Kansas beats Iowa St., but can't pull the trigger. Both won on the road already against their respective opponents by double-digits, so anything could happen. Common sense would say UNC wins by 31, Kansas wins by 22, so...)

Since I'm going to be at the Chiefs game tonight, I can't squeeze in six goals or more for the Ducks-Kings game, but I like the choice. LA just gave up four to Atlanta in the first earlier this week, while scoring two themselves. They're high-scoring on both ends, so Ducks-5, Kings-3.

No comments: