Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Streak (2/21)

You know what's unforgivable? Providence's performance against Notre Dame this morning.

Listen, Friars. You're trying to build your NCAA resume. As a decent Big East team, you need every win you can get, especially at home. On Saturday morning, you welcomed in an underachieving, 2-7 on the road Fighting Irish team who had won five games in conference while imploding on their 2008-09 season. Just play hard and get it done.

Or don't. Instead, give up 103 points. That will usually suffice in a college basketball game, right? Sigh...

So now that my four-game win streak is snapped, I must move on. On a day full of Bracketbusters, my only would-be lock (St. Mary's over Utah St.) is in limbo because of the status of Patty Mills.

But I need a game before that anyway and I don't often get the chance to pick a curling game, so I'm going with Ontario to defeat Newfoundland/Labrador. I did some research on this contest and discovered that Ontario's skip is good looking. She's no Winnipeg skip, but they aren't playing Winnipeg, so Ontario it is.

I don't know how long a curling game goes, but when it's over, I'm either picking the Gaels over the Aggies or Texas Tech over A&M. Both teams I want are great home teams. The A&M Aggies are mediocre on the road, while Utah State hasn't played anyone of St. Mary's caliber, especially when the Gaels are at 100 percent.

In the night game, I want BYU over UNLV. The Cougars are a pretty good road team (7-2) and are riding a five-game win streak. Meanwhile, UNLV lost their last contest. It isn't often I take the road team in a game like this, but I like BYU to run my win streak to three by the end of the day.

No comments: