Monday, April 13, 2009

The Streak (4/13)

It's too soon for me to go into depth about last night's Chiefs game and what could have been, so tomorrow, I'll break the silence and preview Game 7. In the meantime, I'm eight wins away from a "Streak for the Cash" T-shirt. For the first time, I'm trying not to just pick a game I'm kinda sure of and instead going with games I like to think I know.

However, since I didn't like any other game on the board and I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow to try to extend my streak, I'm picking the Arizona Diamondbacks to beat the St. Louis Cardinals tonight.

Arizona has Doug Davis on the mound, while the Cards are countering with Todd Wellemeyer. I'm not entirely crazy about the matchup, but the game is in Arizona, Wellemeyer historically struggles in April and against the D'Backs and Davis only struggles with one St. Louis hitter (I know it doesn't sound right, but Albert Pujols hits him well).

A win here extends the streak to 6. Almost halfway there if 'Zona can pull it off.

1 comment: