Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Subway, you know this isn't fair...


You know the old saying that something is like a train wreck that you couldn't look away from? Well this is like that, except if the train was carrying a delicious variety of sub sandwiches and you couldn't stop indulging.

The "5....5 dollar....5 dollar footlong" commercials were bad enough when they first came out. They got worse as they continued to be produced like the sandwiches they endorse. Recently, Subway just introduced a new advertisement with a montage of different people singing about $5 footlongs. It is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst of anything Subway has ever done. It's just a matter of time before my mute button is broken from wear and tear, especially considering the frequency of these commercials.

Yet, despite me being overjoyed to see Jay Glazer endorsing Subway (and I really don't care much for him) rather than yet another obnoxious minute of people dancing across from a used car lot because they can buy a sandwich for five bucks, I continue to submit to the temptation. I wish I could boycott the place strictly because of their commercials. But I can't. They're so good. And cheap.

And don't think for a second that Subway doesn't realize this. It's almost like they're upping the degree of difficulty with their commercials to see what they can get away with and still lure saps like me back. So far, so good, Subway. So far, so good...

No comments: