Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Streak (3/19)

I haven't put my picks on here for 10 days because I haven't had a streak I needed to jinx. But after going 3-0 today, I'm sitting at a W3 with the tourney on deck.

I'm upset though, because I had a W1 and picked Kentucky over UNLV in NIT action last night, thinking the game was straight up. The Wildcats withstood a rally by the Runnin' Rebels to win, but I failed to notice that the game was "make more 3's" and I lost. Awesome.

So with a W3 instead of a W5, I'm picking Ryuji Imada to have a lower front nine than Sean O'Hair. I know very little to nothing about professional golf at all, but am somehow 6-1-1 in eight games, so hopefully I can pick up the cheap win before the Dance starts.

Once it does, I'm picking Butler to beat LSU. I wanted to pick the Bulldogs to beat UNC in the second round, but am going to have to settle for them defeating the Tigers. Wherever the perception that the SEC and Big Eleven was good came from, I have no idea. But over the first weekend of the tourney, those people are gonna find out that those conferences are awful. It starts with Butler beating LSU.

From there, I'm taking Notre Dame to beat New Mexico. I can't stand the Irish, but they don't lose very often at home, so I like them winning again in South Bend.

Finally, I'm going with the Phoenix Coyotes to defeat the Anaheim Ducks. The Ducks won at home in OT tonight against the Nashville Predators, but going on the road, Giguere might be sitting and Phoenix had tonight off. I think they get it done in the desert.

No comments: