Tuesday, March 3, 2009

WinCo = Crazy. Spokane = Crazy. Spokane WinCo= ?

The following story isn't the strangest or most bizarre. It's just a perfect example of what happens when you mix WinCo and the people of Spokane.

I decided to lose my Spokane WinCo virginity today because I needed deodorant and toilet paper, but more importantly, wanted some peanut butter pretzels. I forgo the maps at the entrance, instead letting myself explore the store.

I see aisle 2 and the word "deodorant" and head straight for what I need.

As I'm pondering my choice (usually, I'm a Degree guy, but wanted to see what else was out there), some guy comes up to me and starts talking about what he uses and likes. This is no employee, mind you ... this is just some extraordinary shopper.

As he's pointing out a few of his preferences (some of which work well all day, some of which smell really good, all of which say exactly that on the product), he warns me "Don't buy a powder. They don't work well at all."

He points out a couple more and then says "Gels are no good either. They go on cold in the morning." Awesome.

After recommending a couple more, he points to another and tells me "This one is really good too."

It's a powder. And women's deodorant.

All in all, the man showed me about seven or eight different deodorants before I had to excuse myself from the conversation.

Fortunately, he did not follow me to the toilet paper section.

No comments: