Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Streak (3/4)

I promise that on days I don't make picks, I do well. I come back here and you're probably thinking "The guy is 1 for his last 15 with his advice on here ... there's no way he can win two in a row, much less three."

But yesterday, thanks to Arsenal, MSU and Indiana hitting the under and the Stars and Sharks doing the same, I'm sitting pretty with a W3.

I'm hoping to pick up a cheap win in soccer this morning by taking Inter Milan to defeat Sampdoria. It seems like the game on the board which is too obvious, since 97% of the votes went to Inter Milan. Please, don't let it come back to bite me, because later tonight, I really like...

UNC and Va. Tech over 156. Yes, I realize that is a ton of points for a college basketball game, but I can see a couple of things working in my favor here.

First, these two teams can score. Especially UNC ... a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if UNC reached 100, leaving just 56 points on the shoulders of the Hokies.

Also working in my favor is that the game is at VT. The Hokies could really use a win here to boost their resume, so there is a slim chance that the game goes into OT, which would make it a virtual lock at that point to reach the over.

If the game is quick, I also really, really like Oklahoma to defeat Missouri.

Listen: Missouri might be the most overrated team in the nation that isn't named "Michigan State Spartans." Blake Griffin is back and showing no signs of being concussed a couple of weeks ago. This game probably won't even be a single-digit contest ... it's gonna be all Sooners.

Those are the games I like. Could this be the first time I ever see W6 next to my name? Probably not, but I'm gonna hope anyway.

No comments: